Thursday, May 12, 2016

Guest post on the SmokeLong Quarterly blog

I’m delighted to have an essay on today’s SmokeLong Quarterly blog—part of the “Why Flash Fiction” series!

An excerpt from the beginning:

I’m the person at a reading who eyeballs the writer’s sheath of papers and tries to figure out how long I’ll be stuck in my folding chair.
I’m the one who tries hard to listen, but gets snagged on an image or idea and is off to the moon. When I come back, I have literally no idea what’s going on.
I’m the one who loves lyrical language, but who has a low tolerance for navel-gazing. Get to the point, I plead.
Where fiction is concerned, flash is my passion, and that’s why I love my role as interviews editor, along with Michael Czyzniejewski, of SmokeLong Quarterly. It’s always rewarding to examine a writer’s goals and inspirations and choices in the context of a very small piece of writing.
More here:

http://www.smokelong.com/the-expansiveness-of-compressed-writing/

No comments:

Post a Comment